History of Rickey Creek Orchard

 

Established on its present site in 1875 by John Rickey, Rickey Creek was the first commercial orchard in NE Washington. Fruit was shipped down the Columbia River by boat, a very dangerous trip.

The original homestead house was located behind the present day fruit stand building, where there is a beautiful building site. The sod roofed home burned down in the late 1960's.

There is a large old pine tree near the cherry block that was probably here when Mr. Rickey was farming. No original fruit trees remain.

The Old State Route Rickey to Harvey Road runs between the peach and apple blocks and out to Nickles Road. The cement culverts remain on the creek.




Rickey Creek Orchard
1665 Highway 25 South
Kettle Falls, WA 99141
509-738-6975

email us:
send comments to the